[Silk UI Web] Platform 10.0.405.0 Support

[Silk UI Web] Platform 10.0.405.0 Support

Forge Component
(52)
Published on 15 Nov by OutSystems R&D
52 votes
Published on 15 Nov by OutSystems R&D

Is there news about Silk UI Web supporting for any platform later than 10.0.200.0 or newer?

We've recently upgraded our platform to 10.0.405.0 and still unable to upgrade Silk UI Web's espace WebPatterns due to no version available.

We just continually have espace's saying they have outdated refs due to WebPatterns being outdated.  This is the only espace we're having a problem with.

Am I missing something?

Yeah we are having the same issue. Any ideas?

Yep and the same problem here.

Solution

Hello everyone,

You are able to publish Silk UI via Service Center in order to refresh references for System Components.

Silk UI releases are not bound to platform releases, although they will often match.

Solution

What is the latest version of WebPatterns (SilkUI)?

Is the latest version: 10.0.302.0 ???

Thanks Dinis!  Didn't realize I can update refs on system modules like that.

All is well. :)

Bruce Buttles wrote:

What is the latest version of WebPatterns (SilkUI)?

Is the latest version: 10.0.302.0 ???

Hi Bruce,

That is correct.

Because of an issue, there was a release after 10.0.302 that was discontinued. 

My regards

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hello everyone,

You are able to publish Silk UI via Service Center in order to refresh references for System Components.

Silk UI releases are not bound to platform releases, although they will often match.

Dinis, we aren't having any luck updating the system modules, such as SilkUI and any of the themes.  In service center, the only options that I see are "Publish" and "Redeploy", neither of which work properly to refresh the references and publish the espaces on the latest platform.  How exactly is this accomplished?

We have P10.0.302.0 and tried to install SilkUI on a fresh system. This doesn't work: installing via Forge or directly in ServiceStudio shows the install process but when it's finnished the Silk app disappears.

After this I did the install via ServiceCenter; there were no errors and the app appears in the application list. However, still not in the ServiceStudio overview.

Next I went to my personalCloud (405) and tried to install it there and saw the same behaviour, so it was not a local problem.

3 remarks:

- If you download SilkUI via the Download button on the main site you'll get version 3.0.3. However if you go via Versions you see that there is no 3.0.3 but that 3.0.2 is the latest stable version. This is not mainly a naming issue: the file sizes are also different.

- If you upload it via SC then you can get the references in SS via Get Dependencies. Note that it isn't called SilkUI but WebPatterns. After the references are added then you can see SilkUIWeb as a dependency by the application.

- there seems to be a phone-home construction in SilkUIWeb; after installation an error "NotFound - labs.outsystems.net: Temporary failure in name resolution" appears in the log.

So the workaround (for me anyway) was to install it via SC and then reference it in SS.

Hello Hans,

Silk UI is not visible inside Service Studio, that's why after installing it doesn't show up anymore, but should be visible in Service Center. The error log is related to a server change, we'll try to fix it asap, thank you!

Mike Neyman wrote:

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hello everyone,

Dinis, we aren't having any luck updating the system modules, such as SilkUI and any of the themes.  In service center, the only options that I see are "Publish" and "Redeploy", neither of which work properly to refresh the references and publish the espaces on the latest platform.  How exactly is this accomplished?

The "Publish" option should do the work refreshing references. If that's not happening, it may be another issue, we will take a look to understand why are references not being updated. 

Thank you!

Hi All,

I've been through the same problem.

First let's look at Silk UI Web Forge...

As you can see above, there is version 3.1.1 that was discontinued.

The latest stable is version 3.0.2.

Now if you looking at Silk UI Web Template such as Dublin:

The latest stable Dublin is 3.1.0 which require Silk UI Web 3.1.0 also...

Don't install Dublin 3.1.0, because it will have missing references!

Instead install Dublin / Lisbon / Liverpool / etc template version 3.0.2 from Forge website.

It will then have correct references to LATEST STABLE Silk UI Web 3.0.2.

Hope it helps...

And I hope Outsystems sorted out this problem soon...

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hello Hans,

Silk UI is not visible inside Service Studio, that's why after installing it doesn't show up anymore, but should be visible in Service Center. The error log is related to a server change, we'll try to fix it asap, thank you!

So, Silk UI no longer appearing in OS10 is considered a feature? I must say, it's a confusing new feature. I do prefer the old way of just appearing as an app after installation.