[Camera Plugin] error 2, Camera Plugin is unavailable

[Camera Plugin] error 2, Camera Plugin is unavailable

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

Hello - I am referencing the camera and common plugin however when I do the checkCameraPlugin it returns error code 2, Camera Plugin is unavailable.  What else do I need to load/add to get this to work?

Resolved: had to regenerate the mobile app and reinstall it on my mobile device for it to "see" that the plugin was there.

Awesome, glad it worked out, Jason!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Jason and Carlos,

I am having similar issues, but re-generating the app doesn't work. I have tried to remove the plugin and add the reference again, but sadly no progress.

The only way it works for me is by removing the CheckCameraPlugin. 

I am using the CameraPlugin 2.0.3 version and my platform version is 10.0.603.0

Does anything come to mind that might be the cause of the problem?

Solution

Ricardo,

Unfortunately we never found what caused our issue and just regenerating "fixed" whatever it was.

Solution

Hi Ricardo,

By looking at your code, you have an if wrong. You have to swap the connectors because from your image/code, if the plugin is available you're sending an error message.

Cheers,

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

By looking at your code, you have an if wrong. You have to swap the connectors because from your image/code, if the plugin is available you're sending an error message.

Cheers,

Hi Henrique,

You are absolutely correct. In my haste and confusion I forgot to swap the connectors. 

It has been a long day for me   

Ricardo Romero wrote:

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

Cheers,

Hi Henrique,

You are absolutely correct. In my haste and confusion I forgot to swap the connectors. 

It has been a long day for me   

AHAHAH

We all have those days