[Mobile] Bottom Bar Always Highlight On Default Screen

[Mobile] Bottom Bar Always Highlight On Default Screen

As title, bottom bar menu always highlight on Default Screen.

Is it a bug or intended functionality?

Service Studio Version 10.0.405.0
Platform Server Version 10.0.302.0 (Java/Oracle)
Latest SilkUI Mobile Version 1.1.2 installed.

Hi Harlin,

This is not the expected behavior. Does it also appear like this if you open your "BottomBar" block in Service Studio? If so, than the "active" CSS class might have been incorrectly added to that particular bottom bar link ("Style Classes" property).

This is inside BottomBar block in Service Studio...

No menu are shown highlighted here.

Should I create support ticket for this?

Also, since I don't have proper CSS skill (I'm previously Oracle Forms guys LOL), please do suggest me workaround for this (maybe it's just css problem).

This is how it looks on Chrome DevTools.

My active screen is Screen3, and this is screen3 properties:

This is Screen1 which is should not be active (it is my Homescreen), but <a> have class active.
It should not active right?

More information:

I was wrong that default homescreen was always highlighted.

Turns out, the first Bottom Bar Item was the one always highlighted,

I change the order of bottom bar item, and the first (left-most) bottom bar item always highlighted.

Hi Harlin,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Harlin,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

OML was attached on my first post above. 

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Harlin,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

OML was attached on my first post above. 

Opps! Sorry, missed it the first time around.

Solution

Hi Harlan,

Your bottom bar block has the following input and OnReady action:

These are not present on the latest version of the BottomBar, and this is what is causing the first item to be selected as active every time.

You can simply delete this input and action, and the BottomBar is working just fine, highlighting only the active page.

Let me know if you have any troubles,

Justin

Solution

The problem is on the Client Action OnReady, if you don't use the BottomBar works just fine!

I removed those two, now it works OK... thanks...

I can also put default value on ActiveItem input parameter to -1 on Bottom Bar Block, and it worked fine.

Blank default value is 0, and 0 is the first item index.

But I didn't add those input parameter and OnReady client action, I merely create this OML from scratch just to demo my bottom bar problem.

Justin, what is your SilkUI Mobile version?

This is my environment (my company have 2 platform server, both have same problem):

Service Studio Version 10.0.405.0
Platform Server Version 10.0.302.0 (Java/Oracle) + 10.0.302.0 (.NET/Oracle)
Latest SilkUI Mobile Version 1.1.2 installed.

According to SilkUI Mobile Forge, v1.1.2 is the latest stable.

So there must be a bug somewhere in Outsystems that got me those two Input Parameter and OnReady Client Action on Bottom Bar Block?

Hi,

Same problem here. Started from scratch (i was following the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps course and thus creating the ToDo app) and got this problem.

Luckily i found out this thread, so thanks to Justin - and to Harlin that opened it - but i also think that maybe there's something wrong in the BottomBar that comes with the "Mobile" module once you create a new mobile app.

I saw that to in the mobile course it gets added automatically.