In the US, March is about winning basketball games. But, there are other ways to win in March. So, if you have a component idea that you keep putting off, this is the time to get it done because you could win some great prizes like an Apple Watch or some OutSystems swag.
Reply to this thread with a link to your component, and a description. Of course, your component will have to follow all of our requirements here. Anyone, from anywhere in the world may enter.
Submissions are open until March 31. The winners will be announced April 5th.
New components only (published from March 1st to 31st, 2017)
Created for OutSystems 10
Description and image
Original (cannot be a copy or duplicate of another existing component)
Installs and runs on an OutSystems Personal Environment
Example of its value (the benefits of using it)
To vote, please “Like” the component reply in this thread. You may vote for your own component and for as many other components as you like.
Get to the top 3 by having the most votes (likes). The final winner will be assessed and chosen by the OutSystems Community team. You may submit as many new components as you wish.
Apple Watch (value up to $700)
One free Certification exam
OutSystems SWAG pack
Shoutout on our @OutSystemsDev Twitter channel
The component will be featured in the Forge spotlight section for the month of April
Top 10 - Honorable Mentions
New to Forge Components? Check out our Complete Guide to Creating Components!
*Unfortunately we do not ship to certain countries due to high import fees. If your country falls in this category, we will give you an online voucher as a prize.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Brace yourself components are coming!
Here's my first submission.
The Play Games Services Plugin, provides APIs that let you easily integrate popular gaming features such as achievements and leaderboards in your web-based games.
Alexandra Bowen wrote:
*Unfortunately we do not ship to certain countries due to high import fees. If your country falls in this category, we will give you a online voucher as a prize.
I have wrapped a Cordova barcode scanning plugin, https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1934/barcode-scanner-plugin, because the current barcode scanning plugins do not work i.e. they give false readings when scanning simple barcodes. I have tested this plugin thoroughly on numerous barcodes and it give positive readings every time. The plugin is for mobile apps and scans numerous barcode types. It also gives the user feedback on what barcode type it is.
A jQuery plugin for image cropping and zooming. Loads images locally via FileReader, and crops them using canvas. Designed to be extremely customizable via CSS. Best for the cases where you want users to upload images of a specific size and aspect ratio.
SocialLogin is a simple drag and drop authentication mechanism for multiple OAuth providers.
If you don't care about OAuth implementation details and you need to authenticate an user against Facebook, GitHub, Google, Instragram, Linkedin..., this component is for you, just drag a web block!
Please feel free to drop your feedback.
Hi there! Another week, another component!
You can see the plugin in action here. For a starting point you can check the Music Pad App at the forge.
This plugin enables concurrency (multi-channel playback), polyphony (multi-voice playback) and minimized latency (via caching) in audio-based applications, by leveraging native audio APIs. Designed for the use in HTML5-based cross-platform games and mobile/hybrid audio applications.
I Miss You!
Simple plug-in that changes the page title and favicon of your page when it is not the active tab on your web browser.
Very basic and easy to use and an effective way to get your users back to the page/tab you want!
Try it out here!
And throw me a like while you're at it
More to come soon,
Mobile version of the datedroper plugin, a simple to use calendar picker with multiple functionalities like language, calendar mode, popup mode...
and here is the desktop version that was updated today with the same functionalities
Mobile version of the timedropper plugin, a simple to use time picker.
You can see the plugin in action here. For a starting point you can check the OutSystems Navigator Demo App here at the forge.
This plugin can be used to navigate to a destination using the native navigation app on:
: on iOS, you can choose to prefer Google Maps over Apple Maps if it's installed on the user's device; if not, Apple Maps will be used instead.
Component with 0 downloads and then with many likes....
Pedro Coelho wrote:
Sometimes, likes are given to the ideia, to the utility it might have, to the person proactivity, or better than that... the willing to help by sharing the stuff.
Here is my contribution.
Is a component for creating dynamic forms, with validations, masks, tips and dependent fields.
Very useful when the user needs to create his form, create polls, surveys, quiz and checklists.
Ok, this is contribution from country of Indonesia (Outsystems Partner):
Image Overlay for Google Map Web Plugin
https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=2006Require Google Map Component...
Use Case: Attach Floorplan (use roadmap type for better max zoom)
How to use it:
1. Add dependency: Google Map and Google Map Overlay
2. Add usual Map from Google Map Component
3. Add MapOverlayFlow\AddMapOverlay webblock below the Map webblock.
4. Assign input parameter: MapId, ImageURL, North East Latitude & Longitude, South West Latitude & Longitude
Image will be drawn and resized at North East point & South West point bound.
Another one from me:
OpenStreetMap MapType Plugin for Google Map Component
Require Google Map Component...
OpenStreetMap have more contrast and looks just like a paper map...
Google Map have more details, but if you want a fresh looking and different map, this one is for you...
This is not a complete map replacement to OpenStreetMap!
We're still using Google Maps JS API through Google Maps Component, only the map tile is using OpenStreetMap.
1. Add dependency: Google Map and Google Map OpenStreetMap
3. Add GMap_OSM_Flow\OpenStreetMap_MapType webblock below the Map webblock.
4. Assign input parameter: MapId
5. Set MapOptions in Map component to:
mapTypeControl is disabled because when you click Map Control, mapTypeId will be reverted to Google Map's own 'roadmap'.
Note: max zoom is locked to 19 when using OpenStreetMap MapType
Google Maps regular 'roadmap' for comparison:
Heatmap Plugin for Google Map Component
Use Case: Showing heatmap on Google Map Component
1. Add dependency: Google Map and Google Map Heatmap
2. Add usual Map from Google Map Component, set desired center lat/long, zoom, and MapOptions
3. Add GMaps_Heatmap_Flow\GoogleMap_Heatmap_APICall webblock above the Map webblock (used to hook API Call with Visualization Library, before actual Google Map Component's own API call)
4. Assign input parameter: APIKey (it's the same API Key you entered on Google Map Component)
5. Add GMaps_Heatmap_Flow\GoogleMap_Heatmap_Plugin webblock below the Map webblock
6. Assign input parameter: MapId
7. Assign input parameter: Radius (integer value e.g. 10) <blank=default radius>
8. Assign input parameter: Opacity (decimal value e.g. 0.8) <blank=100% opacity>
9. Assign input parameter: GradientColor (possible choice: blank [default] or "blue/red")
10. In Preparation Logic of your screen, query your data using aggregate, loop data and ListAppend HeatmapPoints, after that use SetHeatmapData logic with HeadmapPoints as input parameter.
For more details, look at Heatmap_Sample module (included).
Radius, Opacity, and Gradient Color are customizable...
Physical Table Name is an application to help us find the table on Databases Manager.
Component that can be linked to any table that will allow the user to dynamically resize the columns of their tables.
Configured to notify back the values of the column sizes that can be stored per session or in the database (or not at all) and then passed back into the widget to have the column sizes persist for the user!
See it in action here!
A few sample screenshots:
If you have any feedback, let me know
Toss me a like if this component made you cheer for dynamic tables, if not, you can toss me a like anyway
Marker Clusterer Plugin for Google Map Component
Try Now: https://wildoutsys.com/GMap_Clusterer_Sample/
Use Case: Showing cluster of marker instead of individual marker on Google Map Component
1. Add dependency: Google Map and Google Map Clustere
3. Add GMaps_Clusterer_Flow\GoogleMap_Clusterer webblock below the Map webblock
4. In Preparation Logic of your screen, query your data using aggregate, loop data: add marker using Google Map Component as usual, then ListAppend Markers (type: List of Text), after that use AddMarkerToClusterer logic with MapId and Markers as input parameter.
When you click the cluster or zoomed in, the cluster will expand...