[Human Readable Change History] [DiffEntityData2Text] Translation_BuildChangedString_Record issue

[Human Readable Change History] [DiffEntityData2Text] Translation_BuildChangedString_Record issue

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 23 Nov (3 weeks ago) by Johan den Ouden
20 votes
Published on 23 Nov (3 weeks ago) by Johan den Ouden

Hello,

I think i found a issue on the action Translation_BuildChangedString_Record

On the query "GetEntityAttributes", if there is a entity with the same Name and Attribute on the environment (even on deleted eSpaces) he doesn't know the correct attribute reference, and so the reference translation gets wrong.

The same should be checked on GetEntity. he should check for a valid entity (entity + eSpace + espace is active) .

I recommend to pass the eSpaceId into the RecordDifferences, Translation_BuildChangedString and 

Translation_BuildChangedString_Record, so he clearly knows that entiy+field (that changed) is the one related with the correct eSpace.

It can be possible to have the same entity name + attribute name (reference) in several espaces.

Just got this component to work but I ran into a small bug. Not sure if it is related to the post above but I am trying to log a table attribute and it shows up as a blank line in my audit table. I debugged it a bit and found that the attribute that in my table cannot be found. 

My column name is defined as COMPETITOR_PART_XREF.STEMCELL_PART_ID but the error seems to be looking for COMPETITOR_PART_XREF.EMCELL_PART_ID (It is also defined as an identifier of a table that is brought into Outsystems via the database connector). Any help would be appreciated!

Luis Paulo Soares wrote:

Hello,

I think i found a issue on the action Translation_BuildChangedString_Record

On the query "GetEntityAttributes", if there is a entity with the same Name and Attribute on the environment (even on deleted eSpaces) he doesn't know the correct attribute reference, and so the reference translation gets wrong.

The same should be checked on GetEntity. he should check for a valid entity (entity + eSpace + espace is active) .

I recommend to pass the eSpaceId into the RecordDifferences, Translation_BuildChangedString and 

Translation_BuildChangedString_Record, so he clearly knows that entiy+field (that changed) is the one related with the correct eSpace.

It can be possible to have the same entity name + attribute name (reference) in several espaces.

Hi,

We run into the same problem. Have you changed the code like you said and did this fix the problem?

Cheers,

Johan

yes i had to change the code so it works as it should. I had to change in several places (i'm just not sure now if the ones I've mentioned are enough but i guess they are).

I had to pass the eSpaceId and then i can use it to identify the proper entity. I had to filter the entity in some aggregates also by the espaceid.

My problem was slightly different and I have made a new version of this component.