How to use an oracle function into an screen action

How to use an oracle function into an screen action

Hi guys,

I have been working on a new project and now i need to use a function oracle into an screen action, but i can't, i tried to use a oracle connector but i don't know how to use it, i tried to read something in foruns but i don't found out anything helpful, someone has one idea?

Hello Geuvan,

have you look to the Oracle Connector P9? in the support thread there are some posts regarding the use of functions. Otherwise you can start a new thread there, asking for more details, so that developers of the component can be aware.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro

Hugo Pinheiro wrote:

Hello Geuvan,

have you look to the Oracle Connector P9? in the support thread there are some posts regarding the use of functions. Otherwise you can start a new thread there, asking for more details, so that developers of the component can be aware.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro

Hello Hugo,

I tried it, but i do not know how to use it i guess, i'll try to open a new thread (because i read a lot of that threads, but i had no success to find out an solution).

Thank you!

Hi, for function without transactions (insert update delete commit) you can just use Advance Query/SQL using:

select func_x(parameter) from dual

Then assign a structure to output.

But if your function have transactions, I don't think transactions is permitted in select statement.

I have put a guide here how to use Oracle Stored Procedure (and Function with transactions) in screen action with more details:

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21999/how-to-call-oracle-stored-procedure-with-outputs-using-advance-query-sql/

You don't need Oracle Connector plugin for this.