Login with Facebook

Login with Facebook

  

Hi,

I have an inconvenience with outsystems, and it is that I do not know how to log in to outsystems through Facebook.

Someone in the forum can advise me in detail on the steps to carry out this process.

Thank you.

Hi Jaime

Are you trying to login users in your app using Facebook? You can download the Facebook Connector component to see how it is done.

João Amorim wrote:

Hi Jaime

Are you trying to login users in your app using Facebook? You can download the Facebook Connector component to see how it is done.

Hi João Amorim

I was looking at that component, but the truth, I've known outsystems for a day, so I do not really understand the integration of it in outsystems.

So I commented that if you can explain something more detailed to understand better.

Could you explain a little what I have to do, or where to start?


Hi Jaime

If you are just starting, I advise you to do the tutorials to understand the basics of the platform. Then you can look a little bit on how Consume REST works, and read a bit on OAuth authentication. After that you can start reading the Facebook API documentation, which will let you understand a little bit better how the connector works.

If you have some more concrete questions, feel free to ask.

Jaime Morales wrote:

João Amorim wrote:

Hi Jaime

Are you trying to login users in your app using Facebook? You can download the Facebook Connector component to see how it is done.

Hi João Amorim

I was looking at that component, but the truth, I've known outsystems for a day, so I do not really understand the integration of it in outsystems.

So I commented that if you can explain something more detailed to understand better.

Could you explain a little what I have to do, or where to start?


Thank you,


Is that same connector suitable for mobile phones?


By chance you have a demo (.osp) where you worked the facebook login but in mobile?



Hi Jaime

You have this connector for mobile phones.

João Amorim wrote:

Hi Jaime

You have this connector for mobile phones.

That I was trying but I find the way to make it work, because the demo as such does not work.

If it's not too much trouble, could you explain how I can connect to facebook with this plugin?

Explain a step by step different to the one in the demo, for clarity.

Thank you.


Hi Jaime

I never used the component so I can't help you much with that. Try asking directly in the component discussion area: http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/1734/Facebook+Login+Plugin.

João Amorim wrote:

Hi Jaime

I never used the component so I can't help you much with that. Try asking directly in the component discussion area: http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/1734/Facebook+Login+Plugin.


Thank you.