Date input with separate DD MM and YYYY input fields query

Date input with separate DD MM and YYYY input fields query

Hi,

I have been looking for a date input pattern and was wondering if anyone has done the following or knows of existing widgets available.

What I am looking for is a pattern with three separate input fields i.e. one for DD, one or MM and another for YYYY. Clearly I can create three separate input fields each with its own validations for days, months and years, but what I am also looking to use is a datepicker widget (e.g. Input_calendar RichWidget)  and this where it gets a bit tricky.

I have a separate (full date) input field with the Input Calendar widget assigned to it (variable InputDate), I have set an OnChange event to this field which will assign the Day(InputDate), Month(InputDate) and Year(InputDate) to the three other input fields, and refresh those fields....this is ok so far... however, I only need the separate InputDate field so I can use the Input_Calendar widget, i don't want to display it, however if I do not display it, the OnChange event will not work, and therefore the three individual date fields are not updated.

I guess there are a couple basic questions here

1. Is there an existing widget/pattern available for three date Input fields, with a Date Picker?

2. is there any way of triggering an onchege event from a 'hidden' field?

I appreciate I may be approaching this all wrong, but the type of pattern I want is not uncommon. Perhaps using a datePicker for it is.

For info we are using the Java stack on V9.1.

Apoligies for the long post, but any thoughts or suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil,

did a search in the Forge and found this one --> http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1582/dateselector/

Is this what you're looking for?

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Neil,

did a search in the Forge and found this one --> http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1582/dateselector/

Is this what you're looking for?

Hi Joao, thanks for the quick reply.

I did look at the dateselector component in the forge and it is almost what I was looking for, except that our requirement is for a date picker as well, so they can also click on a calendar to choose the date.

Thanks

Neil