[Facebook Login Plugin] The demo does not work for me

[Facebook Login Plugin] The demo does not work for me

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 18 Apr by Grazina
1 vote
Published on 18 Apr by Grazina

Hello

I am trying to make this plugin work, but I have not managed to understand much its functionality, can you explain step by step how should I use this component?

I want to have a clearer idea.

If you can give me another explanation different from the one in the demo, it would be much better.

Thank you.

Hi Jaime,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

The main purpose of this Plugin is to allow you to log in using your facebook credentials. Because it's native (you have to generate your own native application) it can simply use the already authenticated user from the Facebook app on the mobile phone - if available - avoiding unnecessary username/password input for greater convenience.

What you do with that login is a different matter. The plugin allows you to map the Facebook user with a platform user, meaning you will get an authenticated platform user using this plugin, or you can use the very cool graph API to get more information about the logged in user, or relationships.

To make the plugin work, follow the step by step functionality, and also check this post which may unlock you: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21909/connection-not-working/

Kind Regards,

João

So it must be either Android/IOS platform configuration on facebook? Can we choose web (javascript) instead? Will it work?