17 votes
Published on 26 Apr by Elena Novozhilova

Hi, can you upgrade to P10?

When i do the upgrade and publish gives me the following error:

Internal Error
Compilation Error.

customclients:

compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /opt/outsystems/platform/share/OfficeUtilsSample/full/bin/app
    [javac] Compiling 586 source files to /opt/outsystems/platform/share/OfficeUtilsSample/full/bin/app
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1. ERROR in /opt/outsystems/platform/share/OfficeUtilsSample/full/src/osofficeutilssample/actions/ActExportExcelDotNet.java (at line 758)
    [javac] book.close();
    [javac]      ^^^^^
    [javac] The method close() is undefined for the type Workbook
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 2. ERROR in /opt/outsystems/platform/share/OfficeUtilsSample/full/src/osofficeutilssample/actions/ActExportExcelJava.java (at line 499)
    [javac] book.close();
    [javac]      ^^^^^
    [javac] The method close() is undefined for the type Workbook
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 2 problems (2 errors)

/opt/outsystems/platform/share/OfficeUtilsSample/full/build.xml:90: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
State: Second Stage Compilation

Thanks.

Hi!

The upgrade fails because OutSystems version 10 for java comes with a different POI library (3.10) version that OutSystems version 9 (3.7). And POI library version 3.10 brought some breaking changes.

I would like to perform the necessary changes, but unfortunately I don't have any OutSystems java environment available to perform the changes and test them.

If by any chance you are able to provide me access to an OutSystems P10 java environment I would make the required changes, and publish the resulting OfficeUtils for P10 version in forge.

Thanks,

Elena

Hi!

Unfortunately we don't have an OutSystems java environment that we can make available, for you to make the needed changes.

Thanks,

Tiago

Hi,

We're trying to upgrade this component to P10 Java stack, but when we try to export to word gives us the following error:

org/openxmlformats/schemas/wordprocessingml/x2006/main/impl/CTTblImpl$1TrList

More details in the attachement.

Can you please provide some help?

Cheers,

Ricardo Brito

Hi,

More details in the attachement.

RB

Solution

Hi Tiago and Ricardo,

I was able to get a P10 Java environment and to find the necessary time to perform the upgrade. So I just made available a new version of OfficeUtils for P10.

Cheers,

Elena

Solution

Hi,

Thanks for the new version, for the most part it is working there are some problems with the styles in excel files.

Cheers,

Tiago

Jogait wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the new version, for the most part it is working there are some problems with the styles in excel files.

Cheers,

Tiago

Hi! Can you please attach the resulting excel file, for me to be able to analyze XML inside and find what is wrong.

ok, generated excel in attachment.