Validation with Popup

Validation with Popup

So I am trying to create a page that has a form connected to a record that is being submitted. There are multiple ways to submit this item, and one of them involves showing a popup that asks for more information.

Using a popup means that the button must be of type "Navigation" which means that it does not perform any validation on the form.  In fact, even if I put an IF checking if the form is valid in the "OnNotify" action, it still does not check if the form is valid when it comes back.

Is there anyway around this? I want to be able to use popups a few places in my application, however the requirement for the Button to be type navigation makes this a lot harder.

I created an OML with an example of the behavior I'm describing. If you "Submit With More Info", it will ignore that the "Some Info" field is required, but if you "Submit Without" then validation is performed correctly.

There is another place in my application where on Submit I launch a popup window with an agreement that must be confirmed, and this is causing validation problems as well, so this is a big problem for me and was wondering if there is a better workaround.

Thanks!

you can do the validation and then use the widgetclick action to click the button to show the pop-up.

Jogait wrote:

you can do the validation and then use the widgetclick action to click the button to show the pop-up.

So you mean have a button with visible set to false, and have that one be the button with the PopUp linking to it. Then a button that performs validation, and then presses the invisible button? Just clarifying, I had thought of that idea and wasn't sure if it would work, but thanks I'll try it.

yes, that's it.