[Mobile] passing a List with binary data to next webscreen

[Mobile] passing a List with binary data to next webscreen

Haven't found any questions about this issue, so I hope that anybody can help us.

For our mobile application we are guiding users through certain processes (actions). During some of those processes users are able to make 1 or more pictures which will be stored in a list of binary data. At the end of a process the user will get to see a summary of the process and the pictures taken after which (after committing) everything will be stored into the database.

The problem we are fighting right now is that we want to pass the list of pictures to the summary screen. However, in mobile applications, you cannot pass lists to other screens (cannot set it as input parameter). It is not possible to store the pictures into the database earlier in the process since they have a connection to the process (action) ID that will be made after committing. Is there any way to either pass the list directly to the next screen or temporarily store this list onto the server?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you create an entity to support incomplete processes and save the images there. You would only save them to the final table at the end of the process. You should also create a timer to delete any old data that is left in the entity for incomplete processes.

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

I would suggest you create an entity to support incomplete processes and save the images there. You would only save them to the final table at the end of the process. You should also create a timer to delete any old data that is left in the entity for incomplete processes.

Building further on that: I guess its then the best solution to make that entity also local to reduce the datatraffic, since the temporary pictures dont have to be saved after the process has been saved. Or is saving it like this less reliable/effective?