[Background Location Plugin] Name conflict when trying to install

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2016-11-14 by Alexandre Costa
3 votes
Published on 2016-11-14 by Alexandre Costa

Hi all, 

I'm trying to install this plugin but doing so gives me the following error: 

Cannot publish 'BackgroundLocationPlugin' because another module with the same name already exists in the environment.

So the result is I can install the application, but I only have the sample app module, not the actual plugin module. 

I searched my environment and the closest module to this one (namewise) is the location plugin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Artuur

Hi Artuur,

Try extracting the plugin using something like winrar and then install individual omls from there.

Hi Gurvinder,

thanks for the fast reply!

I tried to extract the files using winrar, but it's still only 1 file I'm afraid. 

Is this possible or am I missing something (I'm not used to using winrar)?

Solution

Hi Artuur,

When I open the oap downloaded from the forge using winrar I see the following files in it:

From here, when you open the folder "Background_Location_Plugin", you should see the following files in it:

From here, Extract these two files and from here, install the BackgroundLocationPlugin.oml first and the SampleApp after that. 

FYI: All these plugins installed will go to Independent modules eSpace.

Solution

Thanks a lot Gurvinder! It works. 

For the maker of this plugin: one error I got when publishing the plugin was that the attribute 'timestamp' is not supported by Oracle, it's in one of the local entities.

Have a nice day