[Multiple File Upload] Attachment limit

[Multiple File Upload] Attachment limit

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 2016-09-06 by -
31 votes
Published on 2016-09-06 by -
Hello, is there no parameter to set the attachment limit?

Hello Rodrigo,

currently there is no parameter to set the limit, but it's easy for you to customize it, my suggestion is that can add a site property that acts as a global setting to define the size limit, and then in the ProcessFiles screen you can throw an exception.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro

Thank you very much

Hugo Pinheiro wrote:

Hello Rodrigo,

currently there is no parameter to set the limit, but it's easy for you to customize it, my suggestion is that can add a site property that acts as a global setting to define the size limit, and then in the ProcessFiles screen you can throw an exception.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro

Is there any way I can send the total number of selected files? I tried using the "this._queue.length" option to know the total number in the queue, but that did not help. My goal is to display an exception message only once. I need to know the total of files that have been selected.

Hello,

it should be something like that but depends on when do you want to show that exception/warning message. 

If I understood correctly, you want to define a max number of files being uploaded! So my suggestion is to add an extra parameter to the MultipleFileUpload web block, to define the max number of files to be uploaded and then customized the javascript to throw an error when the process of the files is about to start.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro