Application Objects Calculation for Plugins/Components

Application Objects Calculation for Plugins/Components

For plugins/components, often it will include demo/sample module...

If our application only refer dependency to it's main module, for example of Google Maps, only to Google_Maps module (but not to GoogleMapsDemo and not to GoogleMapsTimezone), when deploying it to Production, will GoogleMapsDemo and GoogleMapsTimezone counted as used AOs?

If yes, then are we suggested to remove it manually and only keep the main Google_Maps module?

Thanks.

It only counts what is actually on the server itself.

(main reason why dev-servers are unlimited and non-production, so you can have a sandbox and fun stuff like Discovery/Ziggurate to check the architecture)

My question is, component e.g. Google Maps which have 3 modules/espaces.

If I only refer to 1 espace inside Google Maps component, when deploying to Production:

[a] All modules of Google Maps component is deployed and consume AOs

[b] Only module that is referenced is deployed, thus consume less AOs

[c] Only my applications consume AOs, referenced component like Google Maps is not?

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

My question is, component e.g. Google Maps which have 3 modules/espaces.

If I only refer to 1 espace inside Google Maps component, when deploying to Production:

[a] All modules of Google Maps component is deployed and consume AOs

[b] Only module that is referenced is deployed, thus consume less AOs

[c] Only my applications consume AOs, referenced component like Google Maps is not?

I Believe it's B.You can run a test on your Demo server and see what gets counted.

Solution

If all of the components are in the same app and are published to the production environment all of them count. So [a], unless you remove them before stagings. 

It is a good practice to separate the demos from the main application, and the forge actually promotes developers to upload the "documentation or demos" as a separate upload or application.

Many components still do not follow that practice, when that happens I would recommend to either join the team and improve the component, or to open a thread in the support section for the component.

Regards,

João Rosado

Solution

Hi Marouen,

I have tried it on my demo production server.

João Rosado was right, the answer is [A] All modules of Google Maps component is deployed and consume AOs.

So we had to manually remove unnecessary sample modules or screens (if demo is embedded on the same component module) before deploying to Production.

Thank you all...