Using Outsystems to create Restaurant Point of Sale System

Using Outsystems to create Restaurant Point of Sale System

Hi, 

I am looking to develop a Electronic Point of Sale system for my restaurant (once complete to be able to offer to other restaurants). 

I would like a back office web interface which provides all reporting, stock ordering and allows me to set up the items we will be selling (item groups, item price, location within till screen etc). 

I will be using a windows based touch screen till system (with cash drawer, receipt and kitchen printers etc) which will run the EPOS software and talk to the cloud hosted databases etc. If the connection drops I would like the software to continue running and hold the data ready for it to sync to cloud once connection resumes. 

I'm debating whether to outsource the whole project to a PHP / MySQL development team (with an AngularJS front end) or to try it with Outsystems. 

Is Outsystems capable of such a project? I'm not a programmer myself but think with quite a few hours learning I will be able to develop the back end of the system and will then probably outsource the front end to a C# / .net programmer to develop the windows software - any suggestions? 

Also could the EPOS be developed in an iOS / Android App using Outsystems? 

I'd like peoples opinion please on whether Outsystems is the right platform for the development of this project?

Hi Liam,

I think this is more of a sales questions, I suggest try to get in touch with the sales team first as Outsystems is subscription based. Once you have the insight of the prices with your project scope i'm sure your decision will be one easy to make.

To answer your question, If the platform is capable? Yes it is.
With a click of a button the platform can automagically develop iOS and Android apps for you.

In my opinion, if you have restaurants at multiple locations, then probably this is the right platform for you, but if you are thinking to eventually sell the application to other restaurants then i'm not sure about that. 

Kind regards,

Robin

Liam H wrote:

Hi, 

I am looking to develop a Electronic Point of Sale system for my restaurant (once complete to be able to offer to other restaurants). 

I would like a back office web interface which provides all reporting, stock ordering and allows me to set up the items we will be selling (item groups, item price, location within till screen etc). 

I will be using a windows based touch screen till system (with cash drawer, receipt and kitchen printers etc) which will run the EPOS software and talk to the cloud hosted databases etc. If the connection drops I would like the software to continue running and hold the data ready for it to sync to cloud once connection resumes. 

I'm debating whether to outsource the whole project to a PHP / MySQL development team (with an AngularJS front end) or to try it with Outsystems. 

Is Outsystems capable of such a project? I'm not a programmer myself but think with quite a few hours learning I will be able to develop the back end of the system and will then probably outsource the front end to a C# / .net programmer to develop the windows software - any suggestions? 

Also could the EPOS be developed in an iOS / Android App using Outsystems? 

I'd like peoples opinion please on whether Outsystems is the right platform for the development of this project?