[Silk UI Mobile] Circular swipe navigation on Tabs option

[Silk UI Mobile] Circular swipe navigation on Tabs option

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 4 Aug (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
13 votes
Published on 4 Aug (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

It would be great to have a parameter on tabs to use circular navigation while swiping (so can go from last to first and vice versa).

What is the best approach to implement such behavior on current version? 

Thank you.

Hello Mykola

Off the top of my head? You'd have to copy the pattern to your side and then verify that when you are swiping on the last tab that the 'index' of the tab would have to go to zero/if you are in the first and you swipe left then it'd go to the last. ( and then apply the same logic to the headers and the calculations involved in those )

There's logic preventing the gestures to trigger if you are in the first tab or if you are in the last so I guess that'd be a good place to start. See how it's done on the tabs where you can go left/right and go from there :)

Cheers and good luck!

Hi Rita,

Thank you for reply - that's exactly what I did, but I think problem is that it uses gesture recognition not swipes. But I'm working on that:)

But that's meant to be that way, or at least it was at the time in order to help us later on if we wanted to add more gestures to the patterns that use the gesture pattern (which is called TouchEvents).

You don't need to use the swipe pattern (in my opinion and of course I haven't tried to do this myself so take my words with a grain of salt!), just alter the already existing code :)