Offering services??

Offering services??

Hi there, not sure if this is the place to ask these questions.... but I have hit a problem.

I have designed a very basic interface, which is sufficient for my goals. But I want to use an Excel sheet (or several) to insert a large amount of data. And to be honest, I have no clue how to do it. I've watched several tutorials, but I guess I'm in over my head....

Are there members on here who offer there services for an honest prize? If somebody could help me to get the system right, so I can insert all the data via Excel sheets I'd be helped a lot.

What I want to do:

I have an Excel catalogue with +/- 650 items. These 650 items fall in a bunch of categories. I have an Excel sheet with the description, prices, product number, category and product name.
I would like the app to take the categories and sub-categories to create a menu. (where the main categorie folds out to show the sub-categories).
When the user clicks the sub-categorie, he goes to a page where a list is shown with all the product within that sub-categorie. This list only shows very basic information: a picture (optional), name and price.
If the user clicks on an item, he then goes to the "product-page" where the app shows a picture, description, price, productname + productnumber and on the bottom a button with a link to that item in the webshop.

Seeing as I'm doing this very low budget, I can't afford a proper developer, and have to do everything myself. 

Hello Fabbie,

welcome to OutSystems, I would recommend you to take a look to the Guided Paths in the Learn section of the site, there is one about Becoming a Web Developer, that will help you learn to build what you need.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro

Hi Hugo, thanks for the reply. I have tried to do the 32 hour tutorial, but I guess I'm less good at learning as I thought. I can repeat the things I see, but I don't understand how to apply it to my situation....

Hello Fabbie,

in your scenario, what I am seeing is that first you will need to create a proper data model to support your data that come through the excel file, then you need to bootstrap your data, check this example. You can even create your data model using the excel files, on the Data layer, right click on entities, and Import entities from excel.

After having the data, you can start building some UI elements, like list screens to show your data.

Best Regards,

Hugo Pinheiro