The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

uncaught not found error, failed to execute 'removeChild' on node

any idea where is the error?

Hi Linguo,

Are you using any component or JS library to manipulate your screen layout? What's the composition of your screen, ie, which components and widgets are you using?

Can you reproduce the problem in the browser?

Hi Joao, 

I have the same problem.

I even saw this happening at the silk ui example patterns (e.g. FloatingContent)  when just clicking on the listitems.

Hello Linguo and Rosanne,

I tried replicating the issue on my end and was unable, is it possible that either of you send me an oml with the issue happening? 

Could you also confirm that you have the latest version of Silk installed?

Rita Dias wrote:

Hello Linguo and Rosanne,

I tried replicating the issue on my end and was unable, is it possible that either of you send me an oml with the issue happening? 

Could you also confirm that you have the latest version of Silk installed?

Hi Rita, 

I attached the Silk UI sample pages. It is for example happening at the alphabetical list, when you fast click on some items. Not everytime but sometimes the error appears in the console.

Yes I have the latest version of Silk installed.

Thanks for the OML Rosanne :)

It's now fixed, it'll be up on the next Silk Release! 

If anyone is interested in knowing what the issue was:

We were not checking if the parent node of the span that creates the animation was the same as the element created. What this means is that when you move to click on a different element but the code to remove the previous element hadn't run yet, it would try to remove the Child node from a parent that it didn't belong to. It's odd to explain it but if it gets too confusing I'm willing to explain again :')

Thanks for this, cheers!