[Barcode Plugin] Supported Barcode Formats

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

What bar code types are supported?

Hello, Rebecca,

Have you checked out the plugin's GitHub page? According to it, it integrates with the ZBar library, which reportedly supports several types of barcodes (see the 'decoder' sub-section).

Best regards,

Hi all,

I have successfully integrated this plugin in my app, but it does not scan bar codes, only QR codes. I can't seem to find any documentation on it. Is this the correct behaviour?

Best Regards,

Fernando Costa

I'm using that plugin and it scan bar codes.  I didn't do anything specific... it just scans.

Davidk wrote:

I'm using that plugin and it scan bar codes.  I didn't do anything specific... it just scans.

After I saw your answer I tried with a larger bar code and it scans indeed. I guess it is a matter of scan resolution. Is there a way of improving the it?

Not that I'm aware of.  The barcode I'm testing with is about 1.25in wide by 1in in height.  Can you post an image of the barcode you're using?  I'd like to try it.  Could it be the device?

Hi Davidk,

The device was my first suspect. I tried with different devices and versions of Android.

The image is attached.

Thank you,

Fernando Costa

Using a Nexus 7 (2013) and Android 6, I was able to get good scans of all barcodes except the MAC barcode.

However, it wasn't always a perfect scan.  I printed the barcodes... and the print was quite dirty.

Also, the barcodes are so close together that the scan didn't always get the one I was trying for.

A few times the scan would take, but the barcode # was wrong... but I feel that's the poor quality of the barcode.