[Directory] Pop-up in EmployeeDetails (Directory application)

[Directory] Pop-up in EmployeeDetails (Directory application)

Forge Component
(19)
Published on 2016-09-20 by OutSystems Labs
19 votes
Published on 2016-09-20 by OutSystems Labs

Hi,

I'm exploring the Directory application from the forge and I want to add a pop-up editor in the EmployeeDetails web block when I click in the Office Location name.

I already created the link, gave it a name, the onClick method is Navigate and in the destination I put a new web screen with the source "LayoutsOther/Layout_PopUp" passing OfficeLocation.Id.

As for the popup editor, in the "LinkOrWidgetId" field I put the (LinkName).Id and in the destination I create a DummyOnClick server action.

I added the "Longitude" and "Latitude" attributes to the OfficeLocation Entity and updated them with the values entered.

When I click in the Office Location name I want to pass the OfficeLocation.Id to the Pop-up webscreen to see in the Google Maps the location of the office depending on the coordinates.

When I test it, in fact the location is correct but instead of opening the pop-up, it opens a new window.

I also tested to show me only a Label but it still opens in a new window.

Anyone could help me in this problem?

Hi,

Could you tell me if you have the 'Popup Editor' widget inside an if clause, causing it not to be loaded into the page? 

Or for instance if you have accidentally a 'target = "_blank" ' in the link's extended properties?

Thanks,

Hugo Pires

Hi,

This Pop-Up only have an If clause to show or not to show the office name (if it doesn't exists).

About the link, the extended properties are blank. 

I already try to delete the link, delete the pop-up, create everything again and happens the same problem.

This is really wierd, but the wierdest thing is that the pop-up works in other pages (ex: Employee_MyProfile, OrgChart (web block), etc...).

Thanks,

José