Silk UI Tablet Left Menu

Hello,

I'm having a problem with TabletTheme. Whenever in Landscape Mode the left menu becomes fixed and I have no way to hide it. Also, in Portrait mode the Menu appears on the screen when it should be hidden?

Preview in tablet:

If I use the BaseTheme the problem is solved however I will lose all the customization\optimizations done for Tablet and I want to keep that.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Can you send the OML file?
I'll try to fix it for you.

Thanks for the help Niels!

I can also fix it, it's more a nice to have instead of having the current behavior that always display the menu in landscape mode.

Solution

Hello Edgar,

As for the solution to hide the menu:

.tablet.landscape .app-menu-container {
    -webkit-transform: translateX(-97%) translateZ(0) !important;
    transform: translateX(-97vw) translateZ(0) !important;
    width: 100% !important;
}

.tablet.landscape .layout:not(.blank) .screen {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}

.tablet.landscape .app-menu-burger {
    display: flex !important;
}

.tablet.landscape .menu {
    top: initial !important;
    height: initial !important;
    width: initial !important;
}

Though, I hope you are aware that unless you copy the whole MenuTabletDrag pattern to your side and change the code, it will not open with a drag (or with a click if I'm not mistaken).

This is an expected behaviour from the Tablet (on landscape) menu and so the code is verifying if you are on landscape to not allow you to drag it. And to add the normal functionality of the menu you'll then, not only have to add that CSS but to also change MenuTabletDrag, the HideMenu and ShowMenu that are functions from Silk.

As for the menu on portrait mode, I can assure you this only happens in the Preview of the Service Studio and it's a bug that is hopefully either already fixed or goign to be out on the next version.

We're currently working on something that allows you to choose what sort of behaviour you want the menu to have, though I can't say exactly when it'll come out :) 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Solution

Hi Rita,

Thanks for the help.
Hope that fix come out soon!