Can't Add Elements to Screen

Can't Add Elements to Screen

Hi all,

All of a sudden I can't add or edit elements on a screen. The elements are all greyed out, and I cant drag and drop them. Also, if I click on a screen element I can't edit it. I tried re-installing (the lastest relaese) but that didn't fix the problem. This happens on a web screen as well as a mobile one, and accross different environments (enterprise and personal one). This does not happen om action flows. There I am able to edit normally. I am attaching the screenshot as well as my computer specifications. Any ideas? Thanks for the attention.

Regards,

Carlos López

Go to the element tree and try to click the root element. This also happened to mine. May be os mode is wrong.

Regards,

Bb

Hi Ofast thanks for the reply

If you analyze the screenshot I attached in the post above, I dont have the <> icon next to the screen name and therefore I can't go to the elements tree. Im guessing that for some reason service studio is not interpreting the screens as that (screens) and that's why it doesn't let you add anything. How did you solve the problem?

Regards,

CLSJ

My case is different. When i did the learning exercise, at some point i cannot modify the screen. Then i go to the widget tree and just click the root element. That solved my problem.

I try creating a new screen in  my personal environment and the "<>" shows up. For your case i do not know.

Did u run other applications? May be it is not enough memory. Try to close other applications, and then restart.

regards,

bb

OMG you're absolutely right. I'm such an #$%&. Thanks for the help Justin.

Best regards,

CLSJ

Solution

No problem. I accidentally deleted my post so I am just re-posting my answer for future references for other people.

The 'Preview' button was toggled on (Globe icon with magnifying glass), which disables the ability to add elements.

Toggling this off allows you to add elements to the page again.

Justin

Solution