I've managed to loose my main editor pane

I've managed to loose my main editor pane

Hello,

I have manged to make Application Studio useless by hiding the Main Editor / Development Tabs on the left hand side of the screen!

I was resizing the Application Layer Tabs / Properties Editor by dragging it to the left. Unfortunately, I dragged it as far as it would go to the left (so that the main editor window disappeared) and now there is nothing on the screen which it can grab to pull it back to the right.

I have uninstalled and re-installed but no change. This is Application Studio 9.0.1.75

Any ideas about how I can continue to use Application Studio?

Thanks,

Myles

Hi Myles,

That's quite a feat :). You could first try to reset the Service Studio settings: locate servicestudio.exe, and execute ServiceStudio.exe -resetSettings from the command line.

Solution

Hi Myles,

I've had the misfortune of going through the same experience in the past. Can't really remember what I did back then - however, I know you can get your screen canvas back if you click Restore Defaults as per screen below. Go to Edit > Preferences...

I wonder what I did last time :)

Solution

Right, that may be even easier than the command line option :)

Hi Kilian and Tiago,

Fantastic! The "Restore Defaults" approach worked for me (after I'd changed a value). I can see my code again!

Thanks very much for your quick responses and for fixing my issue.

Myles

Hi Myles,

Great to hear that! Could you mark Tiago's answer as the Solution, so this thread is marked as solved? Thanks!