[Background Location Plugin] BackgroundLocationPlugin fails to give back the location.

[Background Location Plugin] BackgroundLocationPlugin fails to give back the location.

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2016-11-14 by Alexandre Costa
4 votes
Published on 2016-11-14 by Alexandre Costa

I tried to use the BackgroundLocationSampleApp and it wasn't giving back any location information no matter what I tried.

I then set the debug parameter to true and found 2 issues that the plugin was encountering.

In the StartMonitoring client action, the input parameter of the StartPlugin javascript block maximumLocalOccurrences has the data type set to text when it should be set to integer.

On the same javascript block there is also a cast problem in the function callbackFn on the var timestamp = location.timestamp;  Here I made a non-elegant fix

var timestamp = ""+location.timestamp;

After this two changes, I was able to get the plugin working again.

João Barata wrote:

I tried to use the BackgroundLocationSampleApp and it wasn't giving back any location information no matter what I tried.

I then set the debug parameter to true and found 2 issues that the plugin was encountering.

In the StartMonitoring client action, the input parameter of the StartPlugin javascript block maximumLocalOccurrences has the data type set to text when it should be set to integer.

On the same javascript block there is also a cast problem in the function callbackFn on the var timestamp = location.timestamp;  Here I made a non-elegant fix

var timestamp = ""+location.timestamp;

After this two changes, I was able to get the plugin working again.

João, i could´t made it working too. You can share your OAP file with these fix´s ?

Hi Louis,

Sure thing.

Can you post back if this helped you?

João,

Thanks, it´s helped. But it´s not working at all.

Here, the plugin started and after 5 seconds it´s stoped.

In your case the plugin works continuously?