[Silk UI Mobile] Phone Style Guide

[Silk UI Mobile] Phone Style Guide

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems R&D
17 votes
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems R&D

Hi,
When we do a preview on the silk ui mobile temp we see a styleguide for the silk ui mobile theme. Can you make it available to be our base in order to create a phone style guide? Something like the ACME but for phones.

Thanks, 

Solution

Hi Tiago!

We're adding the Styleguide on Silk Website soon, as well as other design assets to make it easier to develop your own styleguides.

Meanwhile, I'm attaching the OML in this reply, hope it helps :)

Solution

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Tiago!

We're adding the Styleguide on Silk Website soon, as well as other design assets to make it easier to develop your own styleguides.

Meanwhile, I'm attaching the OML in this reply, hope it helps :)

Nice, thanks, that would be great!

About creating a theme in mobile, the only way i found was to clone the mobile Patterns and then customize the base-theme. But if there is some updates in future for the MobilePatterns i cant have them because i'll be using a cloned version. What you recommend?   

My suggestion would be to start a new application based on a Template and use that as a base for a styleguide.

There are probably some styles that you want to override, but its easier to maintain, since cloning Mobile Patterns will make it not automatically upgrade when installing new versions from Forge.

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

My suggestion would be to start a new application based on a Template and use that as a base for a styleguide.

There are probably some styles that you want to override, but its easier to maintain, since cloning Mobile Patterns will make it not automatically upgrade when installing new versions from Forge.

So, when creating a mobile app (let's call it: Test) i need to simply customize the style sheet 'Test', right?
For now, is not possible to have a module just for the theme to be reused like in web apps? I have to copy paste the stylesheet for other new apps, right?

You can have a Module with your Theme and then reference it on another app, if you're using Modules of the same type (mobile). Just like Mobile Patterns has the Base > Phone themes and then your new app references the Phone.

This means that your Test app should have all the customization and then other apps would use the Test theme as base, instead of Phone/Tablet themes.

Hi there,

I would like to create a custom theme for mobile apps.

For this I did create a new Mobile APP with 1 mobile module called "TEST_THEME" based on the standard Phone template. I then customised the colours of the module.

Now the module does have a theme called "TEST_THEME".

However when I try to make this theme "public" it will show an error that Common\Layout block is not public.

Ok ... so I set try to set the Common\Layout block to Public as well but this leads to another error: something like " it can't be made public because it can't navigate to other screen" ?

Despite this ... I just want to reuse this theme "TEST_THEME" in other mobile app...

So how can I do that?

Regards

Christian

Hi Christian!

You've done it the right way, but now you'll need to split things in two modules:

• One for the Theme only, without a Layout
  • One for the Template, that should use the name Template_your-template-name so you'll be able to create new applications using it as a base, this Template has the layout on it and a blank theme that uses your theme as base

Let me know if this helps!

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Christian!

You've done it the right way, but now you'll need to split things in two modules:

• One for the Theme only, without a Layout
  • One for the Template, that should use the name Template_your-template-name so you'll be able to create new applications using it as a base, this Template has the layout on it and a blank theme that uses your theme as base

Let me know if this helps!

Yes :-) thank you !!