[XML Records] Problem using XmlToRecordList (File size)

[XML Records] Problem using XmlToRecordList (File size)

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 2016-06-15 by Ricardo Silva
27 votes
Published on 2016-06-15 by Ricardo Silva

Hello members,

I am trying to convert a xml file to a record list so it can be iterated. The file size is about 355 Mb. When I manually cut portions from the xml file to make it smaller everything works fine. But when trying to process the entire xml file the action stops at the XmlToRecordList node.

The OutSystems platform is version 9.0 and it is on-premise. When trying to run the server action with a button click using ajax submit, I get the following error: "Error: The connection to the server was reset. Server returned status error". Using submit ends in the browser opening a no connection page. Both of these scenarios happen after about 3 or 4 minutes. I also tried running a timer from servicecenter. The timer runs for about 3 or 4 minutes then stops and tries again until it has ran three times without giving the expected results.

Is there a maximum file size for the xml string used by XmlToRecordList action? If not, do you have any suggestions which steps I could take to try and find a solution?

I have attached a screenshot of the action below:

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

How do you know it stops at XmlToRecordList? It seems that when having a large file, it's especially the two nested For Eaches that could cause a timeout in processing.

EDIT: Did you also check the error log in Service Center to check the error stack to see where the error originates?

Hi Killian,

Thanks for your reply. When debugging the action it gets to the XmlToRecordList Node fine, and while trying to execute that step the error comes up. So a breakpoint after the XmlToRecordList node is never reached. Service center is not showing any errors. Is 355Mb an unusually large file size for the extension to handle?

Thanks,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

355Mb doesn't strike me as exceedingly large, no. Does the error only come up when debugging? Because it might well be that the debugger times out, and not the operation itself.

Hi Kilian,

Okay, that atleast gives me some hope that the issue is fixable. The error comes up with AND without the debugger turned on. When running the timer from service center it also cuts out at about the same time as when trying it from a button click (after about 3 or 4 minutes).

Thanks for the help,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

When it times out without running the debugger, is there an error logged in Service Center?

Hi Kilian,

It seems to be something on the server side. I have deployed the application to another environment running on an identical machine and it seems to work perfectly there after the first couple of tests. We will try and compare server settings to see if we can find out what the problem is in the development environment.

Thank you so much for your time!

Stephan

Well, good to hear it's not directly a problem with the component :).

Check your structure ! When i used "List of an entity" it´s not working with xml recoords. You need create List of Records and put the entities in atributes