purchase highcharts licence?

purchase highcharts licence?

Not quite sure in which section of the forum this belongs, so my apologies if the question is in the wrong place.

For our application (which is close to going live) we use the standard charts provided in the service studio and some charts from MoreCharts (provided from the Forge). They all use the same api (Highcharts). However, when looking on the Highcharts website they are mentioning buying a licence to be able to use their api. 

My question concerning this is if we/the client has to buy the licence to be able to use it in the Outsystems application or if the Highcharts licence is included in the Outsystems licence. Any feedback on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Solution

Hi Annemieke,

Great question.

OutSystems license already includes an HighCharts license, that enables you to freely use HighCharts in your OutSystems apps.

You or your client don't need to buy any extra license.

Thanks!

Solution

Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Annemieke,

Great question.

OutSystems license already includes an HighCharts license, that enables you to freely use HighCharts in your OutSystems apps.

Thanks!

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you very much for your answer. I will let our client know that this will pose no issues with licenses.

Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Annemieke,

Great question.

Thanks!

This includes any version of Highcharts ?

Hi Willian,

The license applies to usage of Highcharts inside OutSystems apps. As far as I know there is no reference to versions of HighCharts. Typically you will use the version that is being shipped by OutSystems.

Thanks!

Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Willian,

The license applies to usage of Highcharts inside OutSystems apps. As far as I know there is no reference to versions of HighCharts. Typically you will use the version that is being shipped by OutSystems.

Thanks!

So, the eSpace that contains the charts comes with the version 4, if I want to use the latest functions can I import the JS code from the site?

Yes you can.

But what are the features you need that are not available in the shipped version?
What OutSystems version are you using?

Thanks!

Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Yes you can.

But what are the features you need that are not available in the shipped version?
What OutSystems version are you using?

Thanks!

Hello Ricardo.

Willian is my co-worker. And I have a few more questions about this case.

As he said, Outsystems has Highcharts in version 4.1. We want to use features available only on version 5.

Since the license for Outsystems covers the version 4.1 and to use the version 5 of Highcharts you need an upgrade as you can see on the site:

https://shop.highsoft.com/highcharts

Our question is if we can use the version 5, importing the JS from their site without having to pay for an upgrade.

Answering you question about the version. We are currently using Outsystems 9.1.604.0

Also, our company have an Entrerprise License and redistribute software under ISV license.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Guilherme,

We are double checking if our license cover that scenario.

Will get back to you soon :)

Thanks!

Hi Ricardo,

Were you able to find out what is covered by OutSystems' Highcharts license?  We are starting to use various Highcharts libraries in our applications and want to ensure we are covered from a legal point of view.

Thanks