Chart click: extend DataPoint?

I have a challenge with a BAR CHART ... I need a way to "extend" the DataPoint structure and effectively "add" a custom attribute such as "ProductId" or "OpportunityId" etc ...

Then, when a bar is clicked, I need the "ProductId" for the clicked bar - BUT - that ProductId can't be placed in the DataPoint structure since all the DataPoint attributes are already used (e.g. DataPoint: Label, Value, DataSeriesName, Tooltip, Color).

The UX that I want is this: when a given BAR is clicked, the user is taken to the detail for the given Product or Opportunity, etc ... It seems I need to somehow "extend" the DataPoint structure to include the additional ID data ... right?

Is there another way?

You can try to get the id by label (Product Name or something like that), it is not the best way but it should work.

Yeah, the label (x-axis) won't work as the values (date) are not always unique ... maybe I could parse the Tool Tip out as I show the Product Name or Opportunity Name and map it back to the ID but as you can guess that is risky.

So, is there now way to extend the DataPoint or some other way to "pass" an ID from the chart item that was clicked into the OnClick event?

Gotta be a way ...