Dynamic content - SEO considerations

Dynamic content - SEO considerations

Hi all,

What is the best practice approach for optimising our SEO search engine rankings, particularly for those pages where we have a lot of great content (blogs / reviews etc...) but are all loaded dynamically i.e. by going to a single webscreen and supplying an input parameter, typically blogID or reviewID.

On our sitemap i can tell google to crawl www.mysite.com/blog, but how would i tell it to go to www.mysite.com/blog.aspx?blogID=1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ......

Blogs are added daily so i want to avoid having to do things like create SEO rules, or alter the sitemap each time new content is created.

Thanks

Tom

Hello Tom,

We have some recommendations regarding SEO, but to solve your particular issue I suggest that you build your sitemap automatically using OutSystems. In this automatic sitemap you should list all the blog page URLs (you can build the URLs using the address of the screen + blogID=<x>, where x is the ID of each public blog post).

In the following page you have guidelines on how you should build your sitemap and submit it to Google:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en

If you prefer to maintain your current sitemap, you could still use an additional automatically-generated sitemap using an index file that references both sitemaps.

Hopefully this will give you ideas and point you in the right direction, but please let us know if you have more questions.