[ImageToolbox] ImageToolbox: After resizing, the exif metadata of the image does not change

[ImageToolbox] ImageToolbox: After resizing, the exif metadata of the image does not change

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 22 May by André Vieira
4 votes
Published on 22 May by André Vieira

I used imagetoolbox convert server action with option as "-scale 300x300". The image is resized successfully but the exif metadata contains the same height and width as the original photo. 

How to make sure that even the exif metadata for height and width are updated.

Hi Kartick,

The application does not manipulate the image, it uses ImageMagick, so it might be a bug in this component. I'll try to give a look if there some bug report, or even some fix for it.

regards,

João Portela

Thanks Joao Portela,

Meanwhile I want to know if I can edit or change the exif height and width data through java scirpt or any extension after cropping the image using ImageToolbox. Our Outsystems image component uses the exif height and width to display the image and due to this, the image is stretched back to its original dimensions and looks blurred after cropping using ImageToolbox.

Hi Kartick,

You can override the image display height & width in the image (widget) properties in Service Studio. Have you tried this?

regards,

João Portela