iOS flight mode error in Testflightapp

iOS flight mode error in Testflightapp

Hi All!

I just run in to a problem on iOS (with an already distributed app in Testflight): with the flight mode-offline mode I got an error message in each of my pages. I read a solution on Outsystem, but don't know how\where to find and modify DefaultApplicationURL or if this is the right solution.., Can you please help me with that? Error message attached.

Original post:

(On the DefaultApplicationURL setting try to use the "FrisbeePOC" value instead of "/FrisbeePOC/".)

Solution

Hi Balazs,

Analysing your error, it seems that you are trying to register your your device in Pushwoosh. Since this action is trying to call the "https://cp.pushwoosh.com/json/1.3/registerDevice" Pushwoosh REST API, you will need internet to do this. So, my suggestion is to create an if condition where you only try to register the device if it is online.

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Solution

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your help, but that is only with iOS. if that would be the problem why is working the Flight mode-offline modeon Android without any error message?

Bruno Grácio wrote:

Hi Balazs,

Analysing your error, it seems that you are trying to register your your device in Pushwoosh. Since this action is trying to call the "https://cp.pushwoosh.com/json/1.3/registerDevice" Pushwoosh REST API, you will need internet to do this. So, my suggestion is to create an if condition where you only try to register the device if it is online.

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Balazs Horvath wrote:

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your help, but that is only with iOS. if that would be the problem why is working the Flight mode-offline modeon Android without any error message?

One reason for this behavior can be related with a fact that this is a Cordova plugin, and the implementation in Android be different from iOS. However, it's good practice always handle the applications errors, and in this case show a friendly message.

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your advice, it helped a bit. I put the not GetNetworkStatus True\False and it comes only one time, not on each page. Is this getNetworkStatus the right one? Unfortunatelly i don't know how and where to check this ugly message and how can I make it more user friendly...Any advice? :)

Thanks again,

Balázs 

Bruno Grácio wrote:

Balazs Horvath wrote:

Hi Bruno,

One reason for this behavior can be related with a fact that this is a Cordova plugin, and the implementation in Android be different from iOS. However, it's good practice always handle the applications errors, and in this case show a friendly message.

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Hi Balazs,

Yes you should use the getNetworkStatus from the MobilePatterns. One way of handle this errors can be like the attached image.

Best Regards,

Bruno Grácio

Hi,

Again, thank you for your solution, it worked! ;)