Error 500 - Smtp server gmail

Error 500 - Smtp server gmail

Hi all,

My name is Danny and i am a rookie when it comes to Outsystems and developing in general. I have tried to send emails from my personal server to my own email address to test. For some reason i keep getting the same error 500.

I have tried several email servers outlook, gmail and a open source one. If someone can help me to get this working i would highly appriciate it 

See the attachment for my error, error log and smtp setup.

Hi Danny,

Maybe a bit obvious, but I see that your SMTP is smtp.google.com.com... Can you try with just one .com in the end? I also  see that you tried with different SMTP servers, so this might not be the solution.

Let me know the outcome and I will check further.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Thanks for your fast reply.
I have made a mistake while creating it for the jpeg file.
In my database i use the smtp.gmail.com and information from here: http://tiny.cc/3n0iky
i have also tried the different SMTP ports (587/465/25)

Kind regards,

Danny

Hi Danny,

I've checked my personal environment and setup the SMPT mail from Google too with port 587 and it is working.

In the first place I got an error related to security (Account access blocked) and I was asked to go to https://www.google.com/blocked/ to remove the block from my account.

When I look deeper into your issue, it's not related to the SMTP server, but it's related to creating the Email before sending. Can you check if you can send an email without content? Just create an action that sends a new empty email. If that works, try to see what happens in the preparation of the email that is throwing the error 500.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

By the way, I'm not sure if you are aware, but with Gmail SMTP you can only send 99 emails per day.

Hi Remco,

Sending without content works, i will look into the issues that have to do with the content of the email.
Thanks for your help, if i need further assistance i will put it in this post.

Dear regards

Danny