[Google Maps Plugin] Google Maps Plugin Cordova

[Google Maps Plugin] Google Maps Plugin Cordova

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 4 Aug (12 days ago) by Grazina
3 votes
Published on 4 Aug (12 days ago) by Grazina

Can't find where i need to put the Google Maps Key!

Vinicius Schonardie wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

I've updated the component's documentation on the details page. Please check it for guidance on configuring the plugin.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Understand but still not working, its all blank, no signal of anything of the map;

I added the api keys at the my apis place:

{
    "plugin": {
        "resource" : "/cordova-plugin-googlemaps-multiple_maps",
        "variables": [
            {
                "name": "API_KEY_FOR_ANDROID",
                "value": "my api"
            },
            {
                "name": "API_KEY_FOR_IOS",
                "value": "my api"
            }
        ]
    },
    "preferences" : {
        "global" : [{
            "name" : "StatusBarOverlaysWebView",
            "value" : "true"
        }]
    },
    "resource": "plugin.zip"
}

And just putted the map on my app and tried to see if this works, but nothing appears...

On the attachment i putted the image of how appears the maps for me, that doesn't appear...

Thks;

Grazina wrote:

Vinicius Schonardie wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

I've updated the component's documentation on the details page. Please check it for guidance on configuring the plugin.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Here is the image of the map on my app at Service Studio...

The upload image inside the reply isn't working...

Hi Vinicius,

Did you generate the mobile application (IOS or Android)? The cordova plugin needs to be natively generated and included in the application in order to use this plugin. You cannot use OutSystems Now, or a browser as they do not have the native code that is included to allow for the map to render.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Grazina wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

Did you generate the mobile application (IOS or Android)? The cordova plugin needs to be natively generated and included in the application in order to use this plugin. You cannot use OutSystems Now, or a browser as they do not have the native code that is included to allow for the map to render.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

I didn't generated... So i open the Google Maps Plugin and generate a Release or Debug application? 

After generate how i will include on my application? Normally or i need to do something different?

Like i generated, now i just refer to the Google Maps Plugin, or i include a different way?

Cheers;

The Google Maps Plugin application is not generated, as it doesn't even have an entry page. What you need to generate is the application that is using this plugin. The only thing you need to do on the plugin is to configure the API Keys

I don't think you need specific certificates, you can just generate the Android application using the defaults.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Grazina wrote:

The Google Maps Plugin application is not generated, as it doesn't even have an entry page. What you need to generate is the application that is using this plugin. The only thing you need to do on the plugin is to configure the API Keys

I don't think you need specific certificates, you can just generate the Android application using the defaults.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

So the map will only appear and be able for me to interage and do things on him after i generate my application that i am using the Google Maps Plugin? 

Generating android and ios:

1: I will generate and debug application or a release to be able to use the plugin?

2: After i generate i will be able to see the map ou the browser and outsystems now or how i will be able to see and look if my logics are working?

Cheers;

1) It doesn't matter if you generate the application in release or debug mode, as long as the application that is using the plugin code has been generated with the application keys you have configured on the plugin's extensibility settings.

2) You will only be able to see the map if you install the application you have generated. You will not see anything and will most likely get javascript errors when using the browser or OutSystems Now.

In order to debug the code, there is no easy way to do that (for now). On Android for instance, you will have to use chrome inspector (chrome://inspect) with your application generated in debug mode, and then be really familiar with debugging javascript code.

Hi,

I'm also experiencing a problem with first time usage. Most likely I am missing or misinterpreting configuration steps.

1. I've added the Google Maps plugin in my Outsystemscloud.com
  2. Created a eSpace "GEO_Task" using the plugin
  3. Created a keystore file on my personal computer and used the SHA1 key that I retrieved using keytool -list -v -keystore <name.keystore> -alias <name.keystorealias> -storepass <pw> -keypass <pw>
  4. Went to my developers console and enabled the Google Maps Android API
  5. Created an API key using name: com.outsystemscloud.<personal cloud name>.GoogleMapsPlugin and SHA-1 fingerprint from the keystore file
  6. Added the generated API-key into the Extensibility Configurations of the google maps plugin using the configured name and API key from google development console.
  7. Used in the eSpace "GEO_Task" the Native Platforms tab and configured the Android App with the settings: 
    1. Build type: Debug
    2. App indentifier: com.outsystemscloud.<personal cloud name>.GoogleMapsPlugin
    3. Keystore: selected the keystore file I created with the used password. And entered the alias I used with password
  8. Then I generate the app which results in where my story finishes with the error: "The following errors have occurred:• Android: Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-googlemaps."

My question is what am I missing in the process or where am I trying to configure something not the way it should be configured?

Kind regards,

Roeland

I am having the same issue as Roeland. Any ideas?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Roeland, you did everything right! If you know of a better way to convey the installation procedures, please share.

The last version of this component had some issues with the Android version compilation.

I've submited new stable versions, please update the Plugin and the Demo apps, and remember to replace the API keys on the plugin and the GetDirections action on the Directions screen of the Demo application.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Hi João,

Thanks for the swift reply!!

I've followed your instructions:

• Deleted both Google Maps Plugin and demo
  • Reinstalled and received 2 additional eSpaces (Google maps core, google maps directions)
  • Configured the Extensibility Configurations by adding the API key (removed the name/value for the iOS part since I haven't configured that part)
  • Updated google maps demo and added the API key to the GetDirections action
  • Went into the Native Platforms tab of the demo eSpace, configured like before and generated the app.

Result is the same as before: "The following errors have occurred:• Android: Error installing Cordova plugin:cordova-plugin-googlemaps."

I must be doing something wrong in my configuration so if you have any suggestions left I would be very gratefull.

cheers,

Roeland