Weird behavior with Local Variable

I'm having this really weird issue in some a local variable and I would like your help.

In the screen preparation, I use an action to get me a certain list (from an advanced query, with IsSelected and WasSelected attributes), and then I assign that list to a local list variable.

I have a web block that, on notify, gives me the id of the element of that list that I clicked, in order for me to change my "IsSelected" value on the OnNotify action. So far so good, because in the end of my notify action, I can see that the value in that list was correctly changed.

The weird thing is that when I click the "Save" button to save changes in the database (if IsSelected <> WasSelected, etc...), I see that the local varible holds the initial value, and not the one that was assigned in the notify action.

And to make it worse, it only happens in the PRD environment, not in the development or quality environments.

Any ideas?

Solution

Hi Mariap,

That's odd. Do all the environments have the same platform version and the same app version?

Solution

Hi João. 

No, in fact, your message just made me realize that PRD is using version 10.0.302.0 and the other two are in version 10.0.405.0. 

What would you recommend, upgrading PRD or downgrading DEV and QUA? What would be the impacts?

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Downgrading is not recommended. Is the app running OK in QUA? I recommend that you do all the tests in QUA and then upgrade PRD to the same version. Try to have PRD and QUA in sync so that you don't get any surprises.

The app is running ok in QUA, but QUA has the same version has DEV, and our concern is with the impacts that upgrading PRD might have. Any recommendations/possible impacts?

Not that I'm aware of. But you can check the detailed list of fixes of the 405 version here:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Release_Notes/Platform_Server_10.0.405.0

João Neves wrote:

Hi Mariap,

That's odd. Do all the environments have the same platform version and the same app version?

João, you were right. 

We've upgraded the platform server and everything is ok now. Thanks a lot!