Unable to Download App "xxx" could not be installed at this time.

Unable to Download App "xxx" could not be installed at this time.

Hello,

I generated an ios App Store App without any errors  on the platform. I uploaded all the required certificates, passwords and provisioning files.  I then scanned the code on my ipad pro. The ipad attempts to install the app. The app logo appears on the device and it starts to load the app - I can see the progress meter. After a while the ipad returns the error above: "Unable to download app. "name of my app" could not be downloaded at the time."  I can either click cancel or retry. When I click cancel the app disappears from my device. When I click retry the same happens again.

Any suggestions as to what I did wrong with the generation of the app?

Thanks

Vonnelize

Solution

Hello Vonnelize.

What type of provisioning profile did you use? 

Looks like you're using a provisioning profile with an "Ad Hoc" distribution, which requires your device to be registered in that profile.

Thanks

More info: Generating and Distributing Mobile Apps.

Solution

Thanks for the response. Based on your feedback I started all over again and corrected the provisioning profile.  I submitted the app to Apple for review and am waiting for feedback. Thanks again!

I had the same error message. Found out that the generated provisioning profile, was based on an old registered device. I removed the old registration, created a new one for my current device and then generated a new provisioning profile. Then downloaded that profile.

In service center I selected the new profile and kept the allready generated certificate. Finally generated the app again and scanned the QR code. Now the app was downloaded and installed correctly.