[File Viewer Plugin] Should the plugin be available in Outsystems Now?

[File Viewer Plugin] Should the plugin be available in Outsystems Now?

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2016-11-07 by OutSystems Experts
1 vote
Published on 2016-11-07 by OutSystems Experts

The action 

CheckDocumentViewerPlugin

return IsAvailable = false, when I use Outsystems Now to test the app. 

Is this normal?

I too am keen to know the answer here. I have an app that uses the File Viewer plugin to successfully open a PDF on the physical device (iPad) but wonder if this was more good luck than good management ... the app fails on Android. On both Android and OutSystems Now, the cordova.plugins.DocumentPreview object in these environments is undefined.

Hi Stephen,

The plugin does not in Outsystems Now, you need to compile it and install it directly to your android or ios device. We also used the FilePlugin to download the file and open it using the viewer. It depends on your requirement are you opening through the URL or local file path in the device?

this is our design below let me know if I can help in any other way, you may send me your oml if you like.

Stephen Geyer wrote:

I too am keen to know the answer here. I have an app that uses the File Viewer plugin to successfully open a PDF on the physical device (iPad) but wonder if this was more good luck than good management ... the app fails on Android. On both Android and OutSystems Now, the cordova.plugins.DocumentPreview object in these environments is undefined.

Hi Valerie,

In the GetFileUri, is it different from the return value of SaveFile.Uri? 

In the OpenDocument, did you use the filePath or the urlFile when passing the GetFileUri.Uri?

Regards

Rom wrote:

Hi Valerie,

In the GetFileUri, is it different from the return value of SaveFile.Uri? 

In the OpenDocument, did you use the filePath or the urlFile when passing the GetFileUri.Uri?

Regards

Hi Rom,

I did not use the SaveFile.URI output, I haven't checked if its the same or not. 

For the OpenDocument I used GetFileUri.Uri

Thanks, Val. I tried the SaveFile and it works too. And you were right, it only works when the app is installed in the device. It doesn't work in Outsystems Now.

Regards