Attending Advanced developer bootcamp in portugal

Attending Advanced developer bootcamp in portugal

Hi,

I'm attending the Advanced Developer Bootcamp in Portugal in June this year and staying in the Solplay in Linda-a-Velha. My husband is coming with me so we are after some nice places to eat and visit on an evening (in between studying of course). Also, any ideas of what my husband can do during the day? Do the football stadiums do tours possibly as he's a football fanatic? We have never been to Portugal before so not sure of what to expect.

Also, what sort of preparation is required before attending? I have downloaded some material but just want to make sure I am well prepared.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Debra

Dunno,

Just have fun :)

Portugal is a nice country and fun people!

Hey Debra. Things we can't miss:

- Sintra - Easy to get to by train. Enjoy a day in there

- Bairro Alto - Best night in town

Cheers

Solution

Hi Debra! 

We'll be happy to help you on that. 

Regarding football fans: in Lisbon, you have two main Stadiums: 

- Benfica website - how to get there from OutSystems

- Sporting website- how to get there from OutSystems

The Boot Camp finishes around 6 pm so you have some time to explore the surroundings. Linda-a-Velha is not in the city center, so you'll have to take Uber or bus to get to the most beautiful places. 

We leave here some suggestions:

- Have dinner at "Bairro Alto": this is the best nightlife area in Lisbon with typical restaurants and outdoors drinks. If you have the chance just get out the Uber or Taxi in "Principe Real", step by "Sao Pedro de Alcantara" viewpoint and just walk down through "Bairro Alto". End your night in "Santa Catarina" viewpoint and see the night and the city reflect on the river. 

- Take a walk on Belém: you'll see the "Jeronimos Monastery" and "Belen Tower" while enjoying the river sight and gardens and don't forget to eat our traditional "Pastéis de Belém".  Here are some things you can see from the outside

- Take a walk from Marquês de Pombal until "Cais das Colunas" through "Avenida da Liberdade": this is the main Lisbon Avenue that ends up in the Tejo river.

- Sintra and Cascais are amazing places to visit, but only if you're here by the weekend, once they are about 20 km from Linda-a-Velha. 

Lisbon is a wonderful city to walk around and appreciate the views. By the end of june, you'll just need a light jacket and snickers (Lisbon is very highly).

I strongly recommend the Lisbon viewpoints once the view is astonishing, you can check them here.  

Any help you need just reach me, I'll be available to help.

Hope you enjoy Lisbon! 

Solution

Joana Mendonça wrote:

Hi Debra! 

We'll be happy to help you on that. 

Regarding football fans: in Lisbon, you have two main Stadiums: 

- Benfica website - how to get there from OutSystems

- Sporting website- how to get there from OutSystems

The Boot Camp finishes around 6 pm so you have some time to explore the surroundings. Linda-a-Velha is not in the city center, so you'll have to take Uber or bus to get to the most beautiful places. 

We leave here some suggestions:

- Have dinner at "Bairro Alto": this is the best nightlife area in Lisbon with typical restaurants and outdoors drinks. If you have the chance just get out the Uber or Taxi in "Principe Real", step by "Sao Pedro de Alcantara" viewpoint and just walk down through "Bairro Alto". End your night in "Santa Catarina" viewpoint and see the night and the city reflect on the river. 

- Take a walk on Belém: you'll see the "Jeronimos Monastery" and "Belen Tower" while enjoying the river sight and gardens and don't forget to eat our traditional "Pastéis de Belém".  Here are some things you can see from the outside

- Take a walk from Marquês de Pombal until "Cais das Colunas" through "Avenida da Liberdade": this is the main Lisbon Avenue that ends up in the Tejo river.

- Sintra and Cascais are amazing places to visit, but only if you're here by the weekend, once they are about 20 km from Linda-a-Velha. 

Lisbon is a wonderful city to walk around and appreciate the views. By the end of june, you'll just need a light jacket and snickers (Lisbon is very highly).

I strongly recommend the Lisbon viewpoints once the view is astonishing, you can check them here.  

Any help you need just reach me, I'll be available to help.

Hope you enjoy Lisbon! 

Thanks Joana

That's wonderful. We arrive Sunday lunch time so will hopefully get to do some exploring in Lisbon prior to the course starting.

Really looking forward to it (apart from the exam!)

Debra

I just noticed that I wrote "we". I'm so ashamed! Obviously I meant you :/

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

I guessed that's what you meant :)

Debra Bodham wrote:

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

I guessed that's what you meant :)

:P Thanks!