Input Mask on P10 App Native

Input Mask on P10 App Native

Hi Guys,

Anyone already implements an input mask for mobile? None of the component on forge work good on mobile side. We already try to use a sample code based on vmasker javascript library, but it is working good only on emulator. When we run on device, no one is working..

Thanks a lot

Fabio

Fantato wrote:

Hi Guys,

Anyone already implements an input mask for mobile? None of the component on forge work good on mobile side. We already try to use a sample code based on vmasker javascript library, but it is working good only on emulator. When we run on device, no one is working..

Thanks a lot

Fabio

No one? For us, this is a mandatory feature and I am trying to do this work for a long time. :(

Hi, I'm a beginner in Javascript, just learning it last month.

I'm wondering about input mask in your requirement...

Is it a numeric input mask, or just like a phone number input mask e.g. "(112) 3434-1292" ?

Numeric input mask is harder to do, because of dynamic length and decimal part.

BTW, have you read this: https://github.com/RobinHerbots/Inputmask/blob/3.x/README_android.md

Bottomline, the problem is the predictive text functionality. There is no way to prevent or control the input, which gives undesired results and side effects in the inputmask. I tried several ways multiple times. Compositionevents, inputevent only masking, all with partial success. The behavior also changes with the keyboard used. (google keyboard, samsung keyboard, ...)

In general, masks which only accepts numeric input tend to work even with predictive text enabled. Inputmasks with alphanumeric input will all fail.

Have you tried to disable predictive text in your Android device?

Or try input mask with number only?

Hi Harlin,

I tried all mask components on forge, and I also try another specific mask for mobile. In a first moment it was not mandatory I had only the numeric keyboard. If I could have phone , currency , email or postal codes for example is enough.  

If I try to use it in simulator, it is ok. But is not working on device, either android and ios, native and inside outsystems now. 

There is an strange behavior In the  first digits is ok, but later it is messing everything.

I put an sample oap that I am using to try it.

Solution

Hi Fantanto,

I tested it using Outsystems Now, and it works perfectly...

My guess is your keyboard software or predictive input,

I am using Swiftkey, and input mask works perfectly.

Try to change it to another one, or disable predictive text input.

Solution

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Hi Fantanto,

I tested it using Outsystems Now, and it works perfectly...

My guess is your keyboard software or predictive input,

I am using Swiftkey, and input mask works perfectly.

Try to change it to another one, or disable predictive text input.

Hi Harlin,

It worked. I disabled the predictive of my samsumg keyboard and the mask works good.

Thanks a lot. This will be a great news for our team.

Best Regards,

Fantato

Hi Harlin,

Good news. It is not necessary to disable the predictive. If I put these parameters below on my input, it will be work. Still has a bug for the email , the first caracter is duplicated, but the numeric masks worked.

Hi Fantanto, 

That was really good news. 

Although I didn't really like this input mask javascript for inputting decimal number, because the first 2 numbers will be a decimal first.

So if I input 12, it will become 0.12

I want it to become 12.00, after I type dot (.) then I enter the decimal part. 

It's because my currency rarely have decimal part needed.

Hi Fantato & Harlin,

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the input mask decimal number with ',' for decimal separator and '.' for group (2 decimals). In the web browser it works fine, but in my Samsung J5 no. When I write <0 1 8> in the browser, it puts <0,18> .But the smartphone writes <18,00>. I already off intelligent text and previous characters, but I only get write decimal filling the ',' . It is very desconfortable.

Can you give me some help?

Thank you

Roberto

ROBERTO CAMPOS wrote:

Hi Fantato & Harlin,

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the input mask decimal number with ',' for decimal separator and '.' for group (2 decimals). In the web browser it works fine, but in my Samsung J5 no. When I write <0 1 8> in the browser, it puts <0,18> .But the smartphone writes <18,00>. I already off intelligent text and previous characters, but I only get write decimal filling the ',' . It is very desconfortable.

Thank you

Roberto

I forget to say that I'm using the component forge Input Masks published by António Chinita

ROBERTO CAMPOS wrote:

ROBERTO CAMPOS wrote:

Hi Fantato & Harlin,

Thank you

Roberto

I forget to say that I'm using the component forge Input Masks published by António Chinita

Hi Roberto,

None of the web components currently on forge works fine on mobile side. They only work on web. The scenario I was testing is based on a proof of concept of the masks specific for mobile usage,

Talking with OutSystems R&D team , they told that sson will be release a new forge component to support that. For now we are trying to do just some workarounds.

Hi Fantato,

Thank you very much for your fast and clear response. I will wait for this mobile mask forge version.

The simple use of the Input Widget from Outsystems is enough to my necessity. But I need to use comma as a decimal point and point as a group separator. I don't get to do this with input widget. Can you help me ?

Best Regards,

Roberto

hiiii

This is abhay.....

By default accordions must be expanded in all pages flow....that's my problem....it is not by default getting expanded....

I have used a jquery function on the web screen where accordion is.....

"

$(function(){

$(".AccordionVertical_header").click();

})"

can you suggest me a way to Exapnd it by default.....