[InAppBrowser Plugin] Android File upload is not working in inappbrowser

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 27 Apr by OutSystems R&D
0 votes
Published on 27 Apr by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I am doing a hybrid app using the InAppBrowser

The page that the InAppBrowser loads has a file upload widget on it.

The file upload is working on iOS devices. But when it is clicked in android, nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello, Stephen,

If I understood correctly, you are trying to open an OutSystems mobile app from the InAppBrowser, correct?

From my experience, Android devices have trouble loading such apps from within the InAppBrowser, at all, even before having problems with the Upload widget.

Is this the case for you, as well? Are you able to open the app at all, on Android?

Additionally, since running mobile apps is only supported from within their generated apps, do you really need to run them from an InAppBrowser? Wouldn't deeplinks solve it for you, by chance?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your response. I'm trying to open an outsystems webapp from the InAppBrowser. I've managed to get most of the features working except for the file upload widget. And this behaviour occur only for android. 

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hello, Stephen,

If I understood correctly, you are trying to open an OutSystems mobile app from the InAppBrowser, correct?

From my experience, Android devices have trouble loading such apps from within the InAppBrowser, at all, even before having problems with the Upload widget.

Is this the case for you, as well? Are you able to open the app at all, on Android?

Additionally, since running mobile apps is only supported from within their generated apps, do you really need to run them from an InAppBrowser? Wouldn't deeplinks solve it for you, by chance?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hmm, have you tried debugging it connected to desktop's browser, to check for errors?

In any case, do you really need to use an OutSystems mobile app from an InAppBrowser? Can't you generate a new mobile app and use deeplinks? Or even use a web app?

We needed to replicate the functionality outsystems now wrapper (that was previously open source java and iOS code) in P10. With a customized logo and stuff.

So we built a P10 native app that opens an inappbrowser to point to the outsystems web app.

Anyway, it seems like it is a known issue with android devices.

https://github.com/jverlee/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser-camera

We managed to fix the issue by merging the outsystems version with this. :)

Oh, sorry: you did say it was a web app, but I misread it.   

Good to know you solved it! The strange thing is that OutSystems Now should have camera and file permissions out-of-the-box, but since you customized them, you might've lost them on the way.

Thanks for sharing!