[Silk UI Mobile] Upload widget not updated

[Silk UI Mobile] Upload widget not updated

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 4 Aug (14 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
13 votes
Published on 4 Aug (14 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi, I have an upload widget where user can upload their profile picture. The upload widget will hold a binary data where it will be bound to entity with corresponding attributes.

Problem is the upload image is not updated when user uploaded the image. 

First time user upload their image this works fine because default was an empty image. But second,third and next several attempt will not work...Upload image will show the old image, until user exit the app and reopen the app again then only the upload widget gets updated.

I have found another user with similar behavior here https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21538/mobile-app-blob-binary-image-not-updating-invalidate-cache-somehow/

Is this a bug?

Hello Eric,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing, and indeed it seems to be a bug.

After some troubleshoot I noticed that the bug only happens when the widget is bound to a binary data that belongs to an entity attribute. As a workaround, you can use a local variable in the File Content property of the widget, and use the OnChange event handler to assign the content of the local variable to the entity attribute.

Let me know if this workaround helped you.

Thank you for reporting this!

Hi, thanks for confirming this behavior...Still even when I use local variable to hold the binary, the upload widget still showing old image.

Can you send me a module with an example of the issue happening?

In the meanwhile please use the submit feedback in Service Studio to report the bug :) This way the R&D will be able to look at it having more information.

Thank you!