One Stage Deploy - P10

One Stage Deploy - P10

Hi guys,

Since we've upgraded to P10 (at least this is when I started noticing it), on a 1-stage deployment (via running a solution), the solution will get to a certain point and then stop with a message, 'Please check previous warning messages...' and present us with a Continue or Cancel button.

Is there anyway to disable this, as we normally click to run the solution and check back later to see if any errors occurred, but now we have to wait to click the continue button instead.

Thanks,

Justin

I don't believe that there is a way to get rid of this. You might try to use LifeTime to see if the issue is also happening over there.

Kind regards,

Remco

Hi Justin,

Can you please give us some extra information, namely which kind of warnings/ errors are you trying to skip and why? If you could paste the message it would be nice. 

Thank you,

Joao Bento

João Bento wrote:

Hi Justin,

Can you please give us some extra information, namely which kind of warnings/ errors are you trying to skip and why? If you could paste the message it would be nice. 

Thank you,

Joao Bento

Hi Joao,

Most of the warnings are the 'outdated/incompatible with its definition...', The reason that I am running the solution is to refresh/get rid of these warnings, and see if anything is left broken before I deploy.

So every time I run the solution, these warnings will always be there, but now I have to make sure I monitor and click 'Continue' instead of just letting it go and checking back later to see if anything is left broken.

I don't remember this being there in that past, that's why I was wondering if there is an extra setting I am missing, or if this was something added to the platform.

Thanks,

Justin

You sure it isn't a 2 stage deployment now? Like maybe a setting got changed after the upgrade by accident?

J.Ja

Justin James wrote:

You sure it isn't a 2 stage deployment now? Like maybe a setting got changed after the upgrade by accident?

J.Ja

That was the first thing I checked when this started happening, I can try to toggle 2-step on and off again, but I think this might be something different.

Searched around and couldn't find anything. Was hoping that someone at OutSystems would know if this is intended or not.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Sorry for my late reply.

Let me try to explain that behavior.

In the version 9.1, the deployment stops with errors in Production environments, on the other environments those errors are skipped (although they are reported, most of the time they are ignored with a huge impact in future deployments). In P10 the behavior is now consistent by asking what to do in all environments. 

If you use LifeTime, you can anticipate those kinds of errors in the staging process.

As you can understand, It is highly important to have a consistent behavior through all environments. On the other hand, it is also important to deal with outdated and broken references as soon as possible and while they are less complex to fix. 

With this in mind, please feel free to share your thoughts. 

Thank you,

Joao Bento