Mobile client action

Mobile client action

Is it possible to call an action from another module without referencing it? Like a javascript function

Hi Filipe,

There isn't a way to do it. The platform optimizes the amount of resouces needed by the mobile application in compile time (for both load time improvements and offline capabilities), so having the ability to dynamically call an action without referencing would interfere with the mechanism, any other optimizations and the type/call safety of the operations.

Why do you want to do that?

Regards,

João Rosado

I am doing an autocomplete mobile widget and i want to retrieve data by the websql. But this data must be in the consumers and not in the module that has the widget. Any thoughts about this?

Hi Everyone!

Is there is a way to Invoke client action from Timer in Outsystems mobile?

Regards 

Jesu

Hi,

Client actions can only be called from screens or other client actions. There is no way to call a client actions from any server side component. I recommend you to create a new topic with your use case.

Filipe did you find a solution for your problem?

I just realized that didnt answer you back before. I can think of a way to do it using the javascript node to setup a callback action and the block events, but would need to try it out first to see if it would work...as its kinda hard to explain .

Regards,

João Rosado