[World Map] Can it be used for tracking?

[World Map] Can it be used for tracking?

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2015-07-30 by Gonçalo Borrêga
4 votes
Published on 2015-07-30 by Gonçalo Borrêga

Hello!

I'm developing a project in which i keep track of the positioning of some satellites. After i do some calculus i want to show their position in a world map like the images i see in this component. I haven't tried the component but I have some doubts that i think you can answer easily:

- How do you put the markers on the countries? I'm asking this because, after i run my algorithm and know the position of my sattelite, i want to show it in your world map..

- The markers you can put above the countries can be replaced by icons? For instance, a satellite icon?

Thank you for your help!

Rafael Valente

Hi Rafael,

In theory the markers can be replaced by images. See this example page of jVectorMap, but the current implementation in OutSystems doesn't allow you to do so. In order to keep the WorldMap simple to use, the only markers allowed now are the dots which can differ from size based on their value.

You can try to implement the image markers on a clone of the WorldMap. And if you get it working, ask the WorldMap team to become a team member or ask them to update the WorldMap component with your code.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Rafael,

In theory the markers can be replaced by images. See this example page of jVectorMap, but the current implementation in OutSystems doesn't allow you to do so. In order to keep the WorldMap simple to use, the only markers allowed now are the dots which can differ from size based on their value.

You can try to implement the image markers on a clone of the WorldMap. And if you get it working, ask the WorldMap team to become a team member or ask them to update the WorldMap component with your code.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

I've used the componente know but i am struggling when adding markers to the map. I already see the map but not the markers that i tried to add them.

Rafael Valente