Click on a Record List after session expires causes exception

Click on a Record List after session expires causes exception

Hello,

If I have a Table Records and let the session expires, when trying to click on a table row to go to a screen action, if my screen is not set to anonymous, a security exception is raised and user is forwarded to the Login page.

But if instead of a Table Records I have a List Records in the screen, when trying to click after the session expires causes an "Object reference no set" exception.

Is this the expected behavior? I was expecting the Table Records and List Records to have almost (if not the same) core and thus I don't see what would be the difference that cause this. 

We have an application with a "dynamic" menu that relay on the List Records widget and it is annoying to the user (and not good for us) to have this "error" message instead of being redirected to the Login's screen.

There is any "workaround" to this?

Thanks for any clarifying and help. 

Hi Jauch,

It should behave same in both the cases if the session expired , did you check the service center log?. Also does the object reference error only comes when the session expires?

Regards

-PJ-

Hello,

Yes. The stack trace is this one:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.Iterator.OnBubbleEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

As far as we know, the error happens only when the session expires and you try to click in a link in the list records pointing to a screen action.
If the link points to another screen (navigate), the user navigates to the login page as expected.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch