[BUG FOUND] Table Record in A Web Block in A Tab Overflow

[BUG FOUND] Table Record in A Web Block in A Tab Overflow

I create a table record in a web block and the web block is in a tab. Unfortunately the table record go beyond the tab working area when there is a record in it. How to solve this?

thank you,

regards, 

A

Hi A,

You can make your table smaller by combining different columns and removing columns that are not needed by the end-user.

For instance: the following two tables have the same information, but the second one is more user friendly.

p.s. The information in the table is just fictive.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thank you Sir for the solution. I hide the unused columns, but the hidden columns occupies width. Can we make them zero width? thank you 

regards,

A

Why hide and not remove the unused columns?

there is a condition when they are displayed and when they are hidden. May be i can create 1 more table record again, but i want to be efficient as there may be an error..contants exceed 65000...

regards,A

Hi A,

I don't think I understand what you are trying to build. Can you elaborate more on what you need?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

here the use case:

- there are 2 types of loan that each has different fields in a table.

- for type 1 the table records displays column A1, A2, ...; for type 2 the table records displays column B1, B2, ...

- if i create two table records, there are potentials error https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14233/too-many-constants-the-constant-pool-for-mypage-jsf-exceed-65536-entries/

So i create only one table records and hide/displays the columns. Unfortunately, for hidden (display = false) columns, they take space (width).

regards,

A

Hi A,

There are different solutions for your problem:

- You can create two screens and based on the type redirect to the one or the other.

- You can create two webblocks with the different tables and put them inside an if-construction. Then validate if you get this "65000 exceeds" error.

- You can combine the tables in one table, put the values in expressions "If(type=1, ValueA, ValueB)". This will reduce the number of columns, but is also harder to maintain.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga