Compilation Error. Cannot publish.

Hi Community!

I already created a CSP ticket for this but might as well also post it here.

Anyone have ever encountered this kind of compilation error? I got this when I add a Record List To Excel in my screen action. 

I really need to use the Record List To Excel to control the header columns of my csv file. Currently I'm using a plugin for csv conversion but I really need the Record List To Excel.

Thank you.

Regards,

Louise

Hi Louise,

According to this it seems like a bug in the platform, which I find strange, because the RecordListToExcel is there since the beginning of the OutSystems Platform. 

You better wait for the reaction of OutSystems support.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Yes, it was definitely strange! Record List To Excel is working in my other modules though. I am not sure what triggered this bug in this module.

I'll wait for CSP's answer. 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Kind regards,

Louise

Hi,

That stackoverflow accepted answer is very missleading ... as it doesn't even match the error of the problem.

Pretty sure what is happening here is that in your csv plugin you include a apache poi library in your extension that does not match the version used by the platform. If thats the case, you need to make the versions to match or it will cause random compilation and runtime problems.

Extensions cannot include (as marked to deploy) libraries that replace the ones present in the platform or the application server.

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi João Rosado, 

Thank you for replying. I am not sure if the CSVUtilExtension is replacing anything in my platform. I tried removing it in my dependencies but still the error appears. 

Right now, the screen action with RecordToListExcel is not giving any errors, BUT when I attach it to a button with Method: Submit , Validation: Server or (None) . That's when the error appears.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Louise

Hi,

That extension doesn't look like having anything strange.
What other extensions are you using?

Can you try to do the RecordListToExcel in a new module by itself (without adding any other dependencies to it)?

Regards,
João Rosado

Solution

Hi João,

I finally got the solution. Our other OutSystems developer included another plugin OfficeUtils , it was the cause of the compilation error because the current OfficeUtils that we are using has a POI library with an old version, this was according to CSP. 

Thankfully, OfficeUtils updated a new version two weeks ago, 3.0.0, to fix this problem.

If platform is P10 and is using OfficeUtils, just upgrade to the latest version, OfficeUtils 3.0.0. :)

Note: If anyone wants to manually update the POI Library, according to CSP you must download the latest library. I am not sure on how to update/install this in OutSystems though.

Kindest regards,

Louise

Solution