Which DataBase tool to use

Which DataBase tool to use

Hello community,

I'm creating an app in which i already have entities created with data. How do i know what is the best tool to query directly the DataBase? For instance, can i use SQL Server Management Studio to query my DB?

Thank you,

Rafael Valente

Are using personal environment?

If you are using licensed version, then check which DB is provided.

You can use SQL Server Management Studio to query DB provided you have connection details.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Are using personal environment?

If you are using licensed version, then check which DB is provided.

You can use SQL Server Management Studio to query DB provided you have connection details.

I am using personal environment. Therefore, it isn't a licensed version, correct?

Where can i find the connection details?

You cannot connect to an Outsystems database created by a personal environment.  You can query anything you want within the Outsystems application so why do you want to use an external tool?

Curt

Curt Raddatz wrote:

You cannot connect to an Outsystems database created by a personal environment.  You can query anything you want within the Outsystems application so why do you want to use an external tool?

Curt

Well, i'm used to create my queries directly in SQL Server management Studio. So, that's why i wanted to use na external DB tool. But as you say, if it is not possible, i can always use the Advanced SQL Widget inside Service Studio.

Thank you.