[IdP] User not provided

[IdP] User not provided

Forge Component
(16)
Published on 12 Oct (12 days ago) by Denis Pertsev
16 votes
Published on 12 Oct (12 days ago) by Denis Pertsev

When login in using IdP, if the user is disabled on Outsystems the application will throw a "User not provided" exception, this will redirect to the Error screen and show a black page with the error. It's the same behavior has a SAML process error, but for this case I don't think having the user disabled is as low level as the SAML error and would like to handle the error more gracefully and user friendly way.

Is there any way I can do this that does not require updating the IdP module?

Hi João,

For this specific behavior you have to do some tweaks on the component, namely in the User_Check action.

Regards

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi João,

For this specific behavior you have to do some tweaks on the component, namely in the User_Check action.

Regards

Thanks Telmo, I was trying to avoid changing the component, because then I would have to maintain those changes in later versions. This is not critical issue so I'll hold that for now.

Out of curiosity, and only for the sake of brainstorming, would it make sense to have a configuration on IdP that would allow redirect to the client, instead of showing Error screen?

Hi,

Yes, it could make sense. Like have the possibility to configure a new URL (lets say "OnError URL") on IdP configuration and instead of display the current error page (which only displays the error itself), the user is redirected to this page (exception message as an input parameter).

Regards,