Timezone Issue For Date & Time datatype

Timezone Issue For Date & Time datatype

Hi,

We are Storing a document uploaded by User in Data Base. Along with document, we are storing other meta data like Document Uploaded Date Time, Person who has uploaded document. 

The issue is when we show data back on User Interface the document uploaded time is being shown in GMT where the user has uploaded it in EST. How to convert the time from GMT to EST?

I saw a component in Forge which does that, But it is in .net stack and we are on Java Stack.

I need these functions in Java as well for a project I am working on, so I will add the Java functions tomorrow and update the Forge component with them, then post back here when it is updated.

J.Ja

Thank-you for the reply. Could you please post it here once the functions are ready. 

GOPINATH REDDY REDDIGARI wrote:

Thank-you for the reply. Could you please post it here once the functions are ready. 

Hi James, Did u get chance to complete this functionality.

I finally got a chance to do the Java conversion. Would be a LOT easier if I actually knew Java. :D

My version is attached here, I had to base it off 3.1 of the component since I don't have a Java server on version 10. I will work with Andre to get the main branch on the Forge to include this additional code.

I have NOT implemented the "get timezone by location" function, that's past my Java skills at the moment and I don't have the time to keep messing with this.

J.Ja